TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Price variation – Estimates are based on Printroom Group’s current costs of production and, unless otherwise agreed, are subject to amendment on or at any time after acceptance to meet any risks or fall in such costs.
2. Tax – Except in the case of a customer who is not contracting in the course of a business nor holding himself out as doing so, Printroom Group reserves the right to charge the amount of any value added tax payable whether or not included on the estimate or invoice.
3. Preliminary work – All work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at the customer’s request shall be charged.
4. Copy – a charge may be made to cover any additional work involved where copy supplied is not clear and legible.
5. Proofs – Proofs of all work may be submitted for the customer’s approval and Printroom Group reseller shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the customer in proofs so submitted. The customer’s alterations and additional proofs necessitated thereby shall be charged extra. When style, type or layout is left to Printroom Group judgement, changes therefrom made by the customer shall be charged extra.
6. Copyright – unless negotiated and agreed in writing, the copyright of General Artwork, Commissioned Artwork and illustrations belong to Printroom Group may use any artwork or printing produced by itself for the purposes of promoting itself. The customer shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary authority to reproduce pictures, artwork, photographs, etc. The customer will indemnify the Printroom Group and his agents from any claim arising thereof.
7. Delivery and payment – (a) Delivery of work shall be accepted when tendered and thereupon or, if earlier, on notification that the work has been completed the ownership shall pass and payment shall become due.
(b) Unless otherwise specified the price quoted is for collection of the work from the Printroom Group. A charge may be made to cover any extra costs involved for delivery to a different address.
(c) Should expedited delivery be agreed ban extra may be charged to cover any overtime or any other additional costs involved.
(d) Should work be suspended at the request of or delayed through any default of the customer for a period of 30 days the Printroom Group shall then be entitled to payment for work already carried out, materials specially ordered and other additional costs including storage.
Variations in quantity – Every endeavour will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered. However some variations is inherent in the print process and it is
understood and accepted as reasonable that minor variations (defined below) are not material to the contract. In order to maintain low prices by avoiding frivolous claims, no claim will be accepted in lieu of said immaterial shortage
8. Claims – Advice of damage, delay or partial loss of goods in transit or of non-delivery must be given in writing to the Printroom Group and the carrier within three clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery within 3 days of despatch of the goods) and any claim in respect thereof must be made in writing to the Printroom Group and the carrier within seven clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 3 days of despatch). All other claims must be made in writing to the Printroom Group within 28 days of delivery. The Printroom Group shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with except in any particular case where the customer proves that (i) it was not possible to comply with the requirements and (ii) advice (where required) was given and the claim made as soon as reasonably possible.
9. Liability – The Printroom Group shall not be liable for any loss to the customer arising from delay in transit no caused by the Printroom Group.
10. Standing material – (a) Metal and other materials owned by Printroom Group and used by Printroom Group in the production of plates, film-setting, negatives positives and the like shall remain our exclusive property. Such items when supplied by the customer shall remain the customer’s property.
(b) Lithographic or together work may be effaced immediately after the order is executed unless written arrangements are made to the contrary. In the latter event, rent may be charged.
11. Customer’s property – (a) Except in the case of a customer who is not contracting in the course of a business or holding himself out as doing so, customer’s property and all property supplied to the Printroom Group by or on behalf of the customer shall while it is in the possession of the Printroom Group in transit to or from the customer be deemed to be at customer’s risk unless otherwise agreed and the customer should insure accordingly.
(b) The Printroom Group shall be entitled to make a reasonable charge for the storage of any customer’s property left with the Printroom Group before receipt of the order or after notification to the customer of completion of the work.
12. Materials supplied by the customer – (a) The Printroom Group may reject any paper, plates or other materials supplied or specified by the customer which appear to him to be unsuitable. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production may be charged except that if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for unreasonable delay by the Printroom Group in ascertaining the unsuitability of the materials then that amount shall not be charged to the customer.
(b) Where materials are so supplied or specified, the Printroom Group will take every care to secure the best results, but responsibility will not be accepted for imperfect work caused by defects in or unsuitability of materials so supplied or specified.
(c) Quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal spoilage.
13. Credit terms – For invoices not settled within the agreed credit terms, the Printroom Group reserves the right to charge interest on the overdue debt at 2% above the HSBC base rate at the time and an administration fee to cover the debt recovery costs.
14. Insolvency – If the customer ceases to pay his debts in the ordinary course of business or cannot pay his debts as they become due or being a company is deemed to be unable to pay its debts or has a winding-up petition issued against it or being a person commits an act of bankruptcy or has a bankruptcy petition issued against him, the Printroom Group without prejudice to other remedies shall (i) have the right not to proceed further with the contract or any other work for the customer and be entitled to charge for work already carried out (whether completed or not) and materials purchased for the customer, such charge to be an immediate debt due to him, and (ii) in respect or all unpaid debts due from the customer have a general lien on all goods and property in his possession (whether worked on or not) and shall be entitled on the expiration of 14 days’ notice to dispose of such goods or property in such manner and at such prices as he thinks fit and to apply the proceeds towards such debts.
15. Illegal matter – (a) The Printroom Group shall not be required to print any matter which in his opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature or an infringement of the proprietary or other rights or any third party.
(b) The Printroom Group shall be indemnified by the customer in respect of any claims, costs and expenses arising out of any libellous matter or any infringement of copyright, patent, design of or any other proprietary or personal rights contained in any material printed for the customer. The indemnity shall extend to any amounts paid on a lawyer’s advice in settlement of any claim.
16. Periodical publications – A contract for the printing of a periodical publication may not be terminated by either party unless 13 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of periodicals produced monthly or more frequently or 26 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of other periodicals. Notice may be given at any time but wherever possible should be given after completion of work on any one issue. Nevertheless the Printroom Group may terminate any such contract forthwith should any sum due there under remain unpaid.
17. Full colour printing – Every effort will be made to obtain the best possible colour reproduction on customer’s work but because of the nature of the processes involved, the Printroom Group shall not be required to guarantee an exact match in colour or texture between the customer’s photograph, transparency, proof or electronic graphic file and the printed article.
18. Force majeure – The Printroom Group shall be under no liability if he shall be unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond his control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or other action taken by employees in contemplation or furtherance of a dispute or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the customer may by written notice to the Printroom Group elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
19. Law – These conditions and all other express terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
20. Consequential loss – The Printroom Group accepts no liability whatsoever for consequential or third party losses, resulting in a delay in delivery howsoever caused.
We will make every effort to deliver your order on time. However, please note that any specific delivery day mentioned is an approximate estimate, and we do not accept liability for any loss resulting from delays or errors in the delivery of goods. All delivery charges will be based on the prevailing rates in effect at the time of delivery.
If you have a specific and non-negotiable delivery date for your order, you must contact us directly to ensure we can meet this deadline. We are committed to delivering your order promptly, but for time-sensitive requirements, we recommend contacting us to confirm that we can achieve a 100% delivery guarantee within your desired timeline. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we will work with you to meet your delivery needs whenever possible.
Please note that we use third-party courier companies to deliver orders and cannot be held responsible for loss or delays with the Courier companies. We do offer a same-day dedicated delivery service, and this can be used for value, time-sensitive work or heavy, bulky exhibition work where work has to be delivered with specific criteria within time slots.
The Printroom Group does not take responsibility for missed deliveries due to non-payment. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that full payment is completed before the delivery can be scheduled.
For international orders, transit times are approximate and may be subject to customs clearance. Local country restrictions may also apply. The Printroom Group will not be held accountable for any delays in shipping international orders.
Customs and Excise Charges:
The Printroom Group cannot be held responsible for any customs and excise charges that may arise from the import or export of your goods. Please be aware of and prepared for potential customs charges when receiving international shipments.